Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jacksonville Events with Art and Punk

Other than the Jags game, which I'm going to, there's some interesting events occurring this week around the Jacksonville area. The Riverside Arts Market is taking place this Saturday from 10:00a to 4:00p. I've never attended the market, but from my understanding, it's good entertainment and even better people watching. You'll find little boutiques selling art, instruments, home decor, organic food and much more. There will be street performers and LOTS of hippies. It's definitely worth a check.

Another event taking place this weekend is the Amelia Island Blues Festival in Fernandina Beach. I'm a huge blues fan, and this festival looks really fun. The event will kick off at 5:00p on Friday, and will last all weekend. According to The Florida Times-Union, there will be "more than 10 performances including Beech Street Blues Band, The Nouveau Honkies & David Gerald Band." You can buy a three day pass to the event for $40 in advance.

One event I'll be missing, unfortunately. Guttermouth, an early '90s punk band, will be playing Jack Rabbits this upcoming Monday on September 17. This band reminds me of high school, skateboarding, inside anarchy jokes and mosh pits. I still blast them in my car on a regular basis. If you ever grew up with a little rebellious nature, or still feel like a punk, then it's definitely worth a check. Tickets are only $13 dollars. The venue is small, VERY local, but has a homely vibe to it. Enjoy this video!



No comments:

Post a Comment