Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Makin' Up With Hiking

Compare Jacksonville sports from this week and last. It's enough to make me sick. Surf is garbage, the Jaguars are a joke, and there's just not much excitement going on. So, instead of dwelling on the lame week of sports that consumed Jacksonville, I'm looking forward to future outdoor adventures. My dad and I are planning a hiking trip somewhere in Florida. I want to investigate Big Shoals State Park. Did you know there's actually a class III rapid at the park? Check it out!


Looks like a fun kayaking adventure. This trail offers wildlife viewing, fishing, rafting, and it's a good start to Florida hiking season. I would love to test my outdoor knowledge on a two week hike in North Carolina. My family owns a mountain cabin there, and it's surrounded by trees, starry nights, lightning bugs and beautiful rivers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment