Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Never Quit

I finally raced in the Never Quit triathlon after three months of rigorous training. It was a fun, exciting and challenging. Windy and rainy, the weather was definitely against me that day. Jacksonville Beach lifeguards actually cancelled the 500 yard swim, because the ocean looked more like a giant washing machine. To suffice for the swim, the Never Quit managers decided to have racers run an extra half mile in knee deep water, barefoot! Keep in mind this took place directly after a 5k run. To finish the race I had to endure the punishment of the surf in a 1.5k surfboard paddle. This event turned out to be the most challenging due to the unfavorable conditions. In the end, I finished in little over an hour, and ahead of most racers. Here's a little taste.

Try our slideshow creator at Animoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment