Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Advertising

I couldn't agree more with Forbes.com with their opinion of the "Cadillac ATS vs The World" commercial. I've always looked at Cadillacs as a car my grandma would drive. My opinion may have changed when I saw this commercial during the Olympics opening ceremony. The ad begins like an adventure documentary, but the audience will later discover it's a showcase for the performance of the Cadillac ATS. Two drivers test the ATS as they blaze down a road, if that's what you want to call it. This road looks more like a roller coaster ride from hell to me, as it snakes its way down a very tall canyon. 
The ad really delivered an edgier message, and it appears others agreed. According to Forbes.com, "Shopping on Edmunds.com for the Cadillac ATS, albeit from a small base, soared 351 percent after the first 60-second commercial aired during the opening ceremony." This incredible statistic proves the power of intelligent, creative and emotional advertising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment