Wednesday, February 6, 2013

One Good Thing About Music...

It brings you up when you're down. It takes you higher. It opens up your mind. It can be a spiritual experience. Listen to it at the right time, and it can definitely get physical. You could be running, dancing, jumping, or playing on the beach. Music is your best companion. 

I've immersed myself into music lately. Experiencing live music in a crowd, and discovering new music wherever I go. Thankfully, Jacksonville offers a variety of scenes, cultures and venues. The city is home to festivals like The Big Ticket, Jazz Fest, Springin' in the Blues, and Dancing in the Street.

I dedicate this post to music in honor of one of the greatest musicians, the man and the legend, Bob Marley, who turned 68 today. Happy birthday Bob! It feels right to share one of his greatest songs first.

Bob Marley - Trenchtown Rock

I discovered this next artist at a G Love and Special Sauce show. The show was beyond epic. Unfortunately I was left with a not so epic hangover the next morning. But the pain was worth it. Swear and Shake have a folk sound with lots of melodic guitar and banjo rhythms. They opened with this song.

Swear and Shake - These White Walls


I leave my few readers with a gift. A heads up on a band playing in St. Augustine. I would recommend buying tickets ASAP if you enjoy listening to them. Mumford and Sons will be playing in Northeast Florida. This show is more or less a wild card. They rarely hit Florida, let alone any show that's not a huge festival. Here's a trailer for the Gentlemen of the Road tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment